Sunday, April 30, 2017

April Budget

This post contains affiliate links.
I love to shop.  I probably love to shop too much.  To help hold myself accountable and to help me track what I am purchasing and how long it stays in my closet, I have decided to link up with Fran and the other Budgeting Bloggers.  Here it goes!
Retail Purchases



Flower Earring (on sale)  /  Pink Dandelion Earring

Reed Shirt (on sale)  /  White Dandelion Earring

Gingham Dress  /  White Tie Blouse

Yellow Sweater (on sale)

Blue Gigi Pant  /  Turquoise Ruffle Pant (on sale)

Black Gigi Pant  /  Khaki Ruffle Pant (on sale)


This month was supposed to be all about work pants.  I found some cute options.  I love the Gigi Pant.  They have a skinny fit and are comfortable like a legging, but have pockets, a zipper, and a hook closure so they are not a legging.  The ruffle pants were an impulse purchase and I love them.  The turquoise color is fun and the khaki color is practical.  The ruffle adds a feminine touch and makes these pants not boring. 

While looking for work pants, I got distracted by other pretty things.  I  found a couple of tops that aren't black, white, gray, or blue.  Bonus- they are not t-shirts either! 

Also, I cut off my hair and people can see my ears now.  I decided I "needed" some pretty earrings to dress them up. 

Posh Purchases








I might have gone a little Posh wild, but it is safe to say that I am set in the skirts department.  Almost everything I bought this month was new with tag.  The exceptions being the bow sweater, black leggings, and black pants. The red dress will probably be reposhed.  I love the dress, but I am uncomfortable with how short it is on me.  I don't expect to do much shopping on Poshmark next month unless I find some pieces I am looking for.  Currently I am on the lookout for  the J.Crew oversized gingham skirt and top from last summer and the neon gingham top from this winter.  What can I say, I like gingham. 

Budget: $150.00
Poshmark Sales: $419.30 (Thank you Closet Clean Out Sale)
Total Budget: $569.30
Total Spent: $699.80 (Ugh....)
Total Over Budget: $130.50 (Double ugh...)
Total Retail Value: $2,198.50 (Woohoo I saved $1,493.90 or 68%!!!)


Guess who won't be shopping in May?  This girl right here!  Seriously though, I really don't need anything right now.  Yes, there is plenty that I want, but I think I need to take a shopping break and wear what I have.  My bank account will appreciate it.

How did you do with your budget this month?



No comments:

Post a Comment