Wednesday, May 31, 2017

May Budget

This post contains affiliate links
 
I love to shop.  I probably love to shop too much.  To help hold myself accountable and to help me track what I am purchasing and how long it stays in my closet, I have decided to link up with Fran and the other Budgeting Bloggers.  Here it goes!
 
Retail Purchases
 
Cacti Tee  /  Floral Peplum  /  Rainbow Popover  /  Strawberry Tee  /  Watermelon Shirt
I added lots of color and prints to my closet this month, which makes me happy!  I haven't worn the peplum top yet, but I have an outfit planned for it as soon as it warms up!  Yes folks, SoCal got cold again. I got lots of compliments on the rainbow popover when I wore it last week.  It was also the perfect shirt to wear on a middle school fieldtrip.  I was in charge of a group of ten 7th grade boys whom I had never met before.  They said they liked my "crazy" shirt because it made me easy to find.  I featured the cacti shirt in my J Crew wish list post.  Thanks to a rewards card and free shipping promo, I was able to make it mine.  I told you I couldn't resist.  I couldn't pass up the watermelon shirt or strawberry tee.  Shirts with fruit are perfect for summer!   

Poshmark Purchases


 
This month I was able to pick up some items I missed when they were in stores and replace some of my favorite items that I had to sell because they didn't fit anymore.  I have worn and love everything!  look for the pink bell sleeve top in an upcoming post!
 
I said that I wasn't going to shop this month.  I failed (thank you for stating the obvious S).  However, I kept it way more under control than past months and am proud of that.  I have my eye on a few things from my favorite retailer- J. Crew.  Nothing that I can't live without, but wouldn't mind adding to my closet if the sale is right! 

Budget: $150.00

Poshmark Sales: $128.45

Total Budget: $278.45

Total Spent: $173.20

Total UNDER Budget: $105.30 (WooHoo! That helps make up for last month!)

Total Retail Value: $566.50 (I saved 69%!)

How did you do on your budget this month?
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment