Tuesday, March 7, 2017

So it goes....

This post contains affiliate links.

The last Sunday in February was cold and rainy, so I spent the day shopping online.  Doesn't everyone do that on cold, rainy days?  There were so many cute new arrivals, and I couldn't fight the temptation to hit submit order.  We've all been there right?

My purchases started arriving last Friday. I love getting packages in the mail, don't you? Sadly, some items didn't work out.  Ah, so it goes.




Express Raw Hem Girlfriend Jean

The first item that didn't work out was the Raw Hem Girlfriend Jean from Express.  I have been looking for a pair of relaxed style jeans.  I ordered them because I loved the raw hem, the cropped length, and how they fit on the model. 

I should know better than to trust how an item fits on the model.  The fit of these jeans was all wrong for me.  The waist was huge.  I think two of me could have fit around the waist.  However, the legs-thigh through calf- were super tight.  I also found that the length was too cropped for my taste. 



Distressed Cropped Flares




Old Navy Fit and Flare Cami Dress

The next two items that were returned were from Old Navy. In all honesty, I was iffy about the distressed crop flare when I ordered them.  I liked that they were a lighter wash than my other jeans.  I also liked that they were a flare crop- a different cut from my other jeans. I wasn't sure how often I would really wear them though. I tried these on after I tried on the girlfriend jean. I have decided I just have fat calves because these fit super tight around my calves too!  They did not look like flare crops at all. 

The dress is beautiful. I almost kept it. Ultimately, I decided to return it because I felt childish in it. I wish that the bodice on this dress was a bit longer. 



J. Crew Factory Gallery Dress

The last item that I returned was from J. Crew Factory.  When I ordered it I was concerned about the length.  In the past, I have found that J. Crew Factory dresses can be on the short side.  I was pleasantly surprised when I tried it on and found that the length was mom appropriate!  I also loved the pattern and colors of this dress.  However, it fit like a tent.  I tried it with a belt and ended up with weird fabric bunching.  I decided that while the dress was beautiful, it wasn't worth the effort. 

I am still waiting for a package from Loft and J. Crew.  I told you I had no self control.

Do you love these items and don't have fat calves like me ;).  Express is offering 40% off of clearance, Old Navy is offering 35% off, and J. Crew Factory is offering 40% off and free shipping.

I hope you have better self control than I did.  Happy shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment