![]() |
| Forgive the kitchen shot. |
This blog is called Coupons and Polka Dots so I thought it was time that I did a post about the coupons part. I started couponing when I was a teenager. Back then I used coupons to buy my beauty products. I had no clue how powerful a coupon could be. Fast forward a few years and T and I were (very) young parents, working menial jobs, and going to school. We were broke and I knew there had to be a way to make our dollar go further. I turned to Google (who doesn't turn to Google in a time of crisis?) and discovered The Krazy Coupon Lady. I learned how to coupon strategically and all of the best places to find coupons. I checked their site daily and found the best deals out there. I also found Hip2Save. Colin and her team taught me how to coupon outside of the grocery and drug store. If you want to stop paying full price for the items you use everyday you should check their sites out.
Couponing in Cali is not as good as couponing in the ATL. There is no Publix with BOGO's and double coupons here- oh how I miss couponing at Publix. On the bright side there is Target and Target is a great place to go couponing. I was surprised to find the shelves so well stocked! I figured there would be no Izze or Scrubbing Bubbles for me. I did mess up the Advil deal. I meant to grab two 40 ct. bottles so I could earn a $5.00 gift card, but I grabbed a 40ct. and a 20ct. Oh well, these things happen.
This week I combined printable coupons, cartwheel, and the Red Card discount to get items that my family uses regularly. I did two transactions so I could use the gift cards I earned to pay for the beer. I spent $33.88 before tax and saved $45.91! These deals run through Saturday 3/11/16 and I only used printable coupons and Cartwheel. You can get these savings too!
Break down:
4 Izze @ $3.14 ( used 30% cartwheel and 2 $2.50/2 coupon)= $3.76 and $.80 deposit
4 Scrubbing Bubbles cleaners @ $2.97 (used 5% cartwheel and 4 $1.00/1 coupons)= $7.28 and I earned a $5.00 gift card
4 Mabyelline mascara @ $4.49= $17.96 (used 4 $3.00/1 coupons)= $5.96 and I earned a $5.00 giftcard
2 Beneful dog treats @ $3.14= $6.18 (used 1 $3.00/2 coupons)= $3.18
1 Advil 40 ct @ $6.99 (used 20% cartwheel and $2.00/1 q)= $3.59
1 Advil 20ct @ $4.19 (used $2.00/1 coupon) = $2.19 (oops!)
1 Slime for K @ $1.00 = $1.00
1 Blue Moon 6pk @ $8.99 (used $5.00 gift card) = $3.99 and $.30 deposit
1 Pyramid Ale 6pk @ $7.64 (used $5.00 gift card) = $2.74 and $.30 deposit
I saved an additional $1.21 for using my Target Red Debit Card!
Do you use coupons? What is your favorite item to coupon for?

No comments:
Post a Comment